- The Simple Dollar - Social Security Disability Benefits Guide - understand how Social Security disability works and how to calculate your benefits....
- Quilts of Valor Foundation - The mission of the Quilts of Valor Foundation is to cover service members and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor.
- Honor Flight Network - A non-profit organization dedicated to providing veterans with honor and closure
"We can't all be heroes. Some of us have to stand on the curb and clap as they walk by." - Will Rogers
Mesothelioma Gude - Mesothelioma Guide's mission is to guide mesothelioma patients and their loved ones toward answers, information, and healthcare solutions. We specialize in assisting veterans to file for their VA benefits when they have been diagnosed with an asbestos illness as a result of their military service, and have assisted over 1200 veterans file for, and get approved for, VA Disability Compensation.
We provide the latest information on mesothelioma treatments, world-renowned doctors, Veteran benefits, and financial assistance for victims and family.
One user stated the following -
"When I was diagnosed with mesothelioma I needed immediate medical attention. I found a few websites on the internet that are supposed to help people with my type of cancer but nobody got back to me.
Then I found Mesothelioma.net. Even though I contacted them on a Sunday one of their patient advocates gave me a call back within minutes. They gave me a great deal of helpful information on doctors and resources available to me.
As a result of their website I am now being treated at the National Cancer Institute and the patient advocates have even provided me with financial assistance so I could afford a place to live during my chemotherapy. If I had not reached out to this website I would likely be homeless and more importantly in Hospice waiting to die. These people gave me my only chance at survival."
- Mesothelioma Veterans Center - For Mesothelioma VA Benefits go to our page here
- Mesothelioma Prognosis: Hope for Cancer Patients & Families - The Mesothelioma Prognosis Network is an advocacy group that provides free resources and advice to patients and families afflicted by mesothelioma.
MesotheliomaPrognosis.com is dedicated to providing free information and resources to those affected by mesothelioma cancer.
Actionable Steps to Improve Your Mesothelioma Prognosis
Your prognosis is the estimated outcome of your specific mesothelioma diagnosis. It determines the likelihood of you overcoming this cancer, and we would like to help you beat the odds and improve your prognosis, one step at a time.
Mesothelioma is a rare, aggressive cancer with a generally unfavorable prognosis. Most patients have a life expectancy ranging from four to 18 months; however, there are many factors that influence your individual prognosis and there are ways for you to extend your life past your initial life expectancy.
Understanding your mesothelioma prognosis and how you can improve it can help you make decisions about treatment. It can also help you cope, move forward and increase your quality of life.
- MesotheliomaFund.com - Information on asbestos-related cancers, including mesothelioma. This site offers free services for patients dealing with the cost of treatment.
- The Reveille Project -
Our view of a holistic restoration process is achieved through a four-pronged approach: physical, nutritional, spiritual & social (detailed below). The Reveille Project, founded in 2015, is located in Centennial, Colorado. The Reveille Project is currently a CrossFit-based partnership that enrolls veterans into its program. The Reveille Project will work directly with its enrolled veterans to restore them back into society by bringing together restoration programming and life coaching with physical training to address disabilities.
The Reveille Project is dedicated to the holistic restoration process for veterans through physical training, nutritional education, and spiritual wellness - all in a supportive social environment. Physical training, suited to each individual's specific needs, helps restore the mind, as well as the body and soul. A healthy, nutritional regimen and dietary plan is also crucial to a holistic restoration plan for our enrolled veterans. Spiritual wellness will help our enrolled veterans see the value in reaching out to a higher power for assistance in connecting to life's overall purpose. Lastly, a supportive, social environment is an extremely important aspect for veterans to re-acclimate to social norms after returning to "normal" society from military duty.
Hillsborough County Homeless services works in collaboration with the Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative (THHI) and the Continuum of Care to provide resources to individuals and families experiencing homelessness leading them to self-sufficiency.
The Hillsborough County Homeless Services Department is responsible for coordinating resources while implementing and supporting models and strategies to address homelessness in ways that will effectively serve families and individuals facing or experiencing homelessness. This approach improves our customers' access and experience in securing services. Realizing that homelessness is a community problem that requires a community based response, the County has many stakeholders that support the efforts to end homelessness.
- Operation REVEILLE
- 51homes - 51homes is the Tucson / Pima County initiative of the 100,000 Homes Campaign. 51homes is a work group of the Tucson Pima Collaboration to End Homelessness and is led by community leaders from non-profit, government, businesses, faith communities, medical professionals, local military, community advocates and countless others.